Start the day with a healthy low FODMAP breakfast wrap. Quick to make, loaded with veggies and protein, and easy on the tummy. Gluten-free + dairy-free.
- A tiny bit of oil for the pan
- 2 L eggs
- A drop or two of garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil (optional, see notes)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried chives)
- 1 small low FODMAP gluten-free wrap
- A handful (about 20g) of baby spinach (or rocket if you prefer)
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- 20g of avocado, sliced
- Heat a small frying pan over low to medium heat. Very lightly coat the surface of the pan with oil – I use a paper towel to carefully wipe oil over the surface.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the garlic-infused olive oil and chives. Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until almost set like a pancake. Carefully flip the egg and cook for about 30 seconds (just to cook the surface).
- Meanwhile, heat the wrap in the microwave for 15 seconds so it’s more flexible.
- To assemble, put the wrap on a plate and top with the cooked egg, leaving a small area uncovered at the bottom so that you can fold the edge upwards. Add the spinach, tomato and avocado. Fold the bottom edge of the wrap upwards, then fold in one side and then the other side, leaving the top open.
- This recipe is suitable for a low FODMAP diet, provided that the recommended serving size for this recipe is not exceeded.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. However, if you have an allergy to any of these items, or have coeliac disease, please check the labels on any purchased ingredients to ensure they are safe for your requirements.
- When choosing a suitable wrap, make sure that it doesn’t contain inulin and or other high FODMAP flours. A good option is to make your own low FODMAP gluten-free wraps.
- Garlic-infused olive oil is a low FODMAP ingredient because FODMAPs are not soluble in oil. It is safest to use a commercially-prepared garlic-infused olive oil. I like to use the Cobram Estate Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which you can find in supermarkets.
- If you can tolerate dairy, try adding some cheese for a calcium boost.
Low FODMAP Portion
- Serving Size: 1 wrap