A zesty and fresh Mediterranean-style side dish to enjoy with your meal. This low FODMAP sauteed zucchini with lemon and parsley won’t upset the tummy.
- 2 medium zucchini (courgettes), weighing 330g before trimming, sliced diagonally
- Small splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring onion (scallion), green tops only, sliced
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add a small splash of olive oil. The add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until softened and browned a little.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Then mix in the green onion, lemon zest, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve as a side dish with your favourite protein source, e.g. chicken, lamb, fish, eggs.
- This recipe is suitable for a low FODMAP diet, provided that the recommended serving size for this recipe is not exceeded.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. However, if you have an allergy to any of these items, or have coeliac disease, please check the labels on any purchased ingredients to ensure they are safe for your requirements.
- Make sure that you only use the green tops of the spring onions (scallions), since the white bits are high in fructans.
Low FODMAP Portion
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe