Need an easy side dish that packs a flavour punch? This low FODMAP spiced carrot is beautifully fragrant, with a hint of creaminess from coconut milk, plus a touch of freshness from the coriander.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 450g carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Combine the mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander and cumin in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Then add the spice mix and heat until fragrant, stirring occasionally. This takes a few minutes and will be ready when the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add the grated carrot and stir into the spices. Cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrot is just getting a bit soft. Remove from the heat then stir in the coconut milk and the coriander leaves.
- Serve as a side dish with your favourite protein source and rice.
- This recipe is suitable for a low FODMAP diet, provided that the recommended serving size for this recipe is not exceeded.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. However, if you have an allergy to any of these items, or have coeliac disease, please check the labels on any purchased ingredients to ensure they are safe for your requirements.
Low FODMAP Portion
- Serving Size: up to 1/4 of the recipe